Ms Ahmed was admitted to practice as a solicitor in the NSW Supreme Court in 2002, the High Court of Australia in 2003 and as a Public Notary in 2008. She possesses a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and an LL.B. from the University of Western Sydney, Grad. Dip. in Legal Practice and Grad. Dip in Law from the University of Sydney. In 2010 she was successful with the award of a scholarship with NSW Legal Aid to become an FDRP and has been registered since 2011. In 2015 Ms Ahmed graduated with a Master in Dispute Resolution from the University of Technology, Sydney.
From 2006 - 2012, Ms Ahmed was appointed as a part time Commissioner with the Community Relations Commission (CRC) of NSW. She also served on the NSW Geographical Names Board from 2006 – 2011. From 2012 - 2014 she served on the NSW Law Society Human Rights Committee and is presently on the NSW Police Multicultural Advisory Council. Since 2015 she has been an advisory member of WIMBN for MFAA.
Ms Ahmed has also lectured at Insearch UTS from 2005 - 2011, UTS since 2009, Southern Cross University from 2013 - 2014 and Kings Own Institute in 2014. She believes that education is the key to developing our society. She has been teaching Business Law and Corporations Law at the above institutions.
Ms Ahmed has also contributed and continues to do so, to various publications in Australia on issues and topics which relate to the plight of social justice and multiculturalism in Australia.
Ms Ahmed has extensive experience in the area of civil litigation in both NSW Courts and Federal Courts and she looks forward to assisting you with your legal enquiry. Please contact our office so we may arrange a mutually convenient time to meet with her.
- Letter to the Editor SMH 2005
- Australian Women's Weekly - Feb 2006
- We've had enough of the Sheikh Daily Telegraph 2007
- Comments just plain offensive Daily Telegraph 2007
- Pakistan: A current political scene (podcast) Sydney Institute 2008
- Should we have an absolute freedom of speech SMH 2011
- Legal Aid Newsletter 2011
- On Success: A Woman's Perspective Blackberry 2011
- Jewish Muslim Business Group Jwire 2011
- ABC Radio National: On diversity and tolerance 2012